Torcuato House Pavilion Technical Information
- Architects: BESONIAS ALMEIDA Arquitectos
- Typology: Residential / Houses
- Location: Olivos Golf Club, Malvinas Argentinas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Design and Project Management: Arch. Maria Victoria Besonias, Arch. Guillermo de Almeida
- Collaborators: Arch. Micaela Salibe, Arch. Guido Gallupo
- Built Area: 45sqm + swimming pool and solarium
- Built Year: 2016
- Photographs: © Federico Kulekdjian
Torcuato House Pavilion Photographs
Torcuato House Pavilion description
Text by María Victoria Besonías
The commission arises from the principal’s need to have an enclosure where they can be isolated from the house’s activity and then facilitate the development of functions more relaxed and much more connected with the landscape. It was an indeterminate space since its use would also be indeterminate, but it should be comfortable in both winter and summer. This brief program was rounded off with the request for an outdoor bath and a small warehouse.
The place chosen for location by the principals is the farthest from the house, next to the existing evergreen trees sector on the lot.
Starting from successive folds of the concrete enclosure, we managed to give this small building sufficient visual and audio privacy in relation to its surroundings, thus fulfilling the request for a space to facilitate the realization of quiet activities introspection. This feature also allowed defining an expansion extended to join the landscape, highlighting the access to both the bathroom and the multipurpose space and leaving the warehouse hidden.