Designed by STUDIO A+, the Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel offers a tranquil escape from the urban hustle while remaining connected to the city’s conveniences. Spanning a total floor area of 3,440 square meters on a site of 10,005 square meters, the hotel features a sustainable and innovative design that respects and enhances its natural surroundings.
Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel Technical Information
- Architects1-10: STUDIO A+
- Location: Fengxi New City, Shanxi Province, China
- Topics: Hotels
- Total Floor Area: 3,440 sqm
- Site Area: 10,005 sqm
- Project Year: 2019 – 2023
- Photographs: © Archi-translator
This hotel represents a seamless fusion of city life and nature, providing guests with a peaceful and refined sanctuary.
– STUDIO A+ Architects
Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel Photographs
Architecture that Speaks to Nature
The design of Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel is deeply rooted in the concept of harmony with the environment. Its architecture is a dance of structure and nature, where every element is thoughtfully placed to curate an immersive spatial experience. The rustic façade of the hotel, adorned with earth-toned, timber-textured bare concrete, mirrors the natural hues of the landscape, creating a serene and inviting exterior.
One of the hotel’s most striking features is the series of sunken courtyards, designed to blend seamlessly with the local topography. These spaces appear to grow organically from the ground, fostering a sense of oneness with the earth. The courtyards, along with the reflective pools, sloping water surfaces, and a Zen-inspired orange glass pavilion, contribute to the hotel’s mystical charm, inviting guests to explore and connect with their surroundings.
Luxurious Amenities within a Sustainable Framework
The Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel is a sanctuary of luxury and relaxation. With 6 opulent guest rooms equipped with private indoor pools and 8 outdoor pools, the hotel promises an exclusive and indulgent experience. The fine dining halls and tearooms offer a taste of local cuisine, while the sprawling gardens and water features provide a peaceful retreat for those seeking tranquility.
Sustainability is at the core of the hotel’s design philosophy. Features such as temperature-sensitive skylights and light-guiding tubes enhance energy efficiency and indoor air quality. The rooftop garden not only adds a layer of greenery but also plays a critical role in purifying the air and harvesting rainwater, further reducing the hotel’s environmental footprint.
Ingenious Integration with Urban Infrastructure
One of the project’s most innovative aspects is its integration with urban infrastructure. The hotel cleverly incorporates a pumping station and a power distribution facility within its design, demonstrating a thoughtful approach to site constraints. By starting the building functions from the basement level and using the landscape to create a sunken courtyard, the architects minimized the need for earth backfilling, reducing costs and demonstrating respect for the natural terrain.
The Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel results from a collaborative effort among a diverse team of experts. Led by Chief Architect Min Wang and STUDIO A+, the project benefited from the expertise of structural and electromechanical consultants, curtain wall system consultants, lighting designers, and landscape design consultants. This multidisciplinary approach ensured that every aspect of the hotel, from its architecture to its interior and landscape design, was executed to the highest standard.
Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel Plans
Mu Feng Yue Hot Spring Hotel Image Gallery
About STUDIO A+
Founded in 2007 by Ms. Min Wang, STUDIO A+ is a dynamic design firm specializing in architecture, interior, landscape, and product design. The studio is committed to innovation and quality and offers comprehensive solutions that enhance life through design. STUDIO A+ stands out for its multidisciplinary approach, delivering projects that blend aesthetic excellence with functional innovation, embodying the vision of creating a better living experience through thoughtful design.
Notes & Additional Credits
- Chief architect: Min Wang
- Architecture height: 8.4m
- Interior design: STUDIO A+ (public area), Xi’an Xilv Tourism Culture Development Co., Ltd. (guest rooms and pools)
- Structural consultant: Beijing Qinghua Tongheng Planning and Design Institute Co., Ltd.
- Electromechanical design: Beijing Qinghua Tongheng Planning and Design Institute Co., Ltd.
- Curtainwall system consultant: Architecture Design and Research Institute of HIT
- Lighting design: Ning Field Lighting Design Corp., Ltd.
- Landscape design consultant: Xi’an Symbiosis Architectural Landscape Planning and Design Co., Ltd.
- Client: Shaanxi Fengxi New City Investment & Development Corp., Ltd.
- Contractor: SCEGC Fengxi Construction Corp., Ltd.
- Main materials: Earth-toned, timber-textured bare concrete, Cor-10 steel, Polycarbonate wall panel, Super white tempered laminated glass with digital printing, Super narrow framed movable window panel, temperature-sensitive skylight, light-guiding tube, etc.