For this Students Apartments project by Swiss architects Durisch+Nolli , the task was the careful insertion of 280 rooms in a complex landscape, paying attention to the specific requirements dictated by modern student accommodation standards whilst maintaining scale compatibility with the district.
Students Apartments in Luzern technical Information
- Architects : Durisch+Nolli | Works from Durisch+Nolli
- Typology : Residential Architecture / Students accommodation
- Project Year : 2013
- Location : Lucerne, Switzerland
- Area: 2430 sqm
- Photo Credit : © Walter Mair, Tonatiuh Ambrosetti
- Engineers: Structural: Berchtold, Eicher Bauingenieure AG, Zug (CH) / Mechanical: Dr. Eicher, Pauli AG, Kriens (CH) / Electrical: B+S Elektro Engineering AG, Emmenbrücke (CH)
- Construction Physicist: Martinelli, Menti AG, Luzern (CH)
- Facade Consulting: Feroplan Engineering AG, Zürich (CH)
Students apartments in Lucern article from Durisch+Nolli Architects
The competition site, a plot of land for public use , is located between the residential area and the area, mainly commercial, bordering the main traffic arteries. The residential area is characterized by small size and uniformity of the houses and big size of the parcels.
The vertical and horizontal development of the modular building, allows an adaptation to the topography and the adjustment of the building volume to the program.It also allows a limitation of the height of the building in relation to the residential neighborhood. The new building is built in a modular complex form.
The size of the building is structured so as to assume the module of the existing houses in the district: is made up of prisms with an area of approximately 12x12m, lined up like dominoes. The single modular element is based on the size of a room of approximately 13m2 which also corresponds to the constructive structure of the building. The integration of the new building in the park is completed with the green cover of the roof.
Students Apartments in Luzern gallery