As a part of his ongoing film series about Japanese architecture, French architect and filmmaker Vincent Hecht has created this visual exploration of Kazuyo Sejima’s Shibaura House. Completed in 2011, this five-story office space is walled almost entirely in glass and features double-height, split-level floors that showcase the paths of travel through the building. The building also features a public cafe on the ground floor and a roof terrace.
Shibaura House Video information
- Project: Shibaura House
- Architect: Kazuyo Sejima and Associates
- Location: Shibaura, Shinagawa, Japan
- Filmed & Edited by: Vincent Hecht
- Music: “Fount ” – Fourcolor
- Equipments: Canon 5D MkII + 24mm TS-E f/3.5 + 50mm f/1.4 + Konova Slider