As a part of his ongoing film series about Japanese architecture, French architect and filmmaker Vincent Hecht has created this visual exploration of Kazuyo Sejima’s Shibaura House. Completed in 2011, this five story office space is walled almost entirely in glass and features double-height, split level floors that showcase the paths of travel through the building. The building also features a public cafe on the ground floor, and a roof terrace.
Shibaura House Video information
- Project: Shibaura House
- Architect: Kazuyo Sejima and Associates
- Location: Shibaura, Shinagawa, Japan
- Filmed & Edited by: Vincent Hecht
- Music: “Fount ” – Fourcolor
- Equipments: Canon 5D MkII + 24mm TS-E f/3.5 + 50mm f/1.4 + Konova Slider